Welcome to the Parkside Practice website.We hope that you will find this easy to use to find any information that you need but if not, please do not hesitate to ring the practice and we will be happy to help you.
* Vaccination protects children from a range of highly infectious and potentially deadly diseases. Ensure your child is protected. #KidsJabs
* Children need the right vaccinations before starting school, as they come in contact with more potential sources of infection #KidsJabs
* Highly infectious and potentially fatal diseases such as measles are still in circulation – if not vaccinated, your child is at risk #KidsJabs
* If in doubt, speak to your GP to check your child has had the right vaccinations and is protected http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/vaccinations/Pages/childhood-vaccination-schedule.aspx #KidsJabs
* A child needs a number of doses of some vaccines to be fully protected http://ow.ly/j7TF30aJdIK #KidsJabs #VaccinesWork
* These are the routine vaccinations that are offered for free on the NHS to all babies and kids in the UK http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/vaccinations/Pages/childhood-vaccination-schedule.aspx #KidsJabs
* Studies show that vaccines don’t overload a child’s immune system. Watch this animation to find out why http://ow.ly/P7na30aJgWN #KidsJabs
* To help stop infectious diseases spreading, at least 90% of the population need to be properly vaccinated http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/vaccinations/Pages/reasons-to-have-your-child-vaccinated.aspx #KidsJabs
* Check out these common vaccination myths and facts! http://ow.ly/drI230aJjsw #KidsJabs #VaccinesWork
Bowel Cancer Patient Stories
Please click this link to hear ‘Bowel Cancer-Patient Stories’
Publication of GP net earnings 2015-2016
All GP practices are required to declare the mean earnings ( e.g average pay) for GP’s working to deliver NHS services to patients at each practice.
The average pay for GP’s working in Parkside Practice in the last financial year was £60,065 before tax and National Insurance. This is for 3 full time GP’s and 4 part time GP’s who worked in the practice for more than six months.
GET HAMPSHIRE WALKING
The practice is supporting the ‘GET HAMPSHIRE WALKING’ campaign. Visit ‘www.westhampshireccg.nhs.uk/gethampshirewalking’ for more information.
PATIENT ONLINE ACCESS
We are now offering all patients aged 16 and over online access to book routine GP appointments and request repeat prescriptions. You cannot book emergency appointments online, these must be booked in the usual way via reception.
You are able to register for this service on www.Patient.co.uk/access OR by calling into the surgery with two forms of identification ( one of which must be a photograph).
We are offering flu vaccinations to all patients aged 65 years and over. Flu vaccines are also available for patients suffering from: asthma, heart disease, kidney disease, liver disease, patients who have a serious neurological condition such as having had a stroke, diabetes, pregnant women, carers and any patients who are immune suppressed. If you would like to have a vaccination, please contact us.
Children’s flu vaccinations
We are able to offer children born between 1/9/11-31/8/14 a nasal flu vaccination. If you would like your child to be vaccinated, please telephone reception to arrange an appointment.
Practice Manager Retirement
We would like to inform you that Mrs Judi Green is retiring after 25 years as the Practice Manager of Parkside Practice at the end of October 2016. Judi has a wealth of practice managerial experience and will be a great loss to the practice and missed greatly. All the staff and doctors at the surgery would like to wish Judi a very happy retirement and all the best for her future.
Friends and Family Test
We are seeking patient feedback on recent experiences at the practice. If you have had contact with us recently and would like to complete a simple 2 question feedback form concerning your recent contact, you may do this in a variety of ways. Paper forms are available at the practice or to download here. Alternatively you may leave your feedback on www.leavemyfeedback.com/4673 please quote survey ID 4673
Our year to date report can be accessed at https://www.fourteenfish.com/patientfeedback/webreport/4673
or if you have an iPad via the app. The link for this app is
Our year to date report is:
Registering with us
If you would like to register with our Practice you will need to fill in the necessary paperwork. You can either call in to the surgery and collect the necessary paperwork or download the registration form and bring it in to us. You will find the forms that you need to download under the services tab.